The TT season at Weston on the Green starts this Tuesday 2nd April 2019. Due to the limited day light hours we have a total of 40 entries available on this date.
Club Time Trials are organised and regularly run by BMCC on Tuesday nights through the summer period at RAF Weston on the Green airfield (OX25 3TQ). These events are open to BMCC members and guests.
TT Event Rules
Please familiarise yourself with the rules for the event evenings. If you have any questions please contact [email protected].
- Sign on will be available from ~6.15pm
- First rider off will be 7.00pm, then @ 1min intervals
- The maximum number of riders will be limited by the available light
- There will be 2 sign on sheets: BMCC Members (1st and 2nd claim) and Guests
- BMCC members must present their membership card on arrival.
- The first 30 start times will be reserved for BMCC members (no separate junior times/sign on), however Juniors will be prioritised.
- Please note: On 2-up, 4-up and 9-up nights ONLY teams of 2, 4 & 9 respectively will be allowed to ride. NO SINGLES. Time to find a friend. Or 3. 2-up, 4-up and 9-up events are open to over 16s only.
- Sign on will be at the ‘picnic’ area to the right as you enter the airfield. Please turn left and park in the designated parking areas further along, do not park on the grass or obstruct the driveways.
BMCC Intra-club league
For 2019 there is an Intra club league for solo TT events. The rules are as follows:
- All BMCC 1st claim solo riders will automatically be eligible for the league
- Points are awarded for position on the night, ie 1st = 30 point, 2nd =29 etc..
- Times from the night will be posted on line as soon as available (usually next day)
- At the end of the year, there will be 4 categories based on fastest time of the year:
- Under 24 min
- Under 27 min
- Under 30 min
- Over 30 min
- The person (M/F) with the most points at the end of the year will receive £50 cash
- The six highest points finishes of the year will count
- You must volunteer to help at a minimum of three events to participate in the league and obtain a position
Safety is paramount
Please observe rules specific to the course, namely:
- KEEP RIGHT all around the course unless overtaking (of course, no drafting, pacing or teamwork on solo events or risk disqualification – it is the responsibility of the passed person to allow a gap to the rider who passed)
- CHECK OVER LEFT SIDE before pulling across the track to exit the course on the left side on completion of trial
Please note: While we have permission to run TT on the airfield, this is on the condition that should the airfield be required for its intended purpose (ie, usually parachute drops!) we will be unable to hold the event. We are usually (but not always) given prior notice and a notification will be posted on the BMCC club Facebook Page. Apologies for any inconvenience, but please be understanding with the organisers on the night should this occur.
The events are being run for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations as shown in the current Handbook. The following will be included at sign on each week:
I am conversant with such Rules and Regulations and undertake to abide by them and to participate in the Drug Testing Programme whenever required to do so. I am at present not under suspension by Cycling Time Trials or any organisation with which Cycling Time Trials has an agreement. I accept the decision of the promoter in all the matters concerning the event and my participation in it subject to such rights of appeal or review as may be provided for in the Rules and Regulations of Cycling Time Trials.
I understand that the event is held wholly or in part on public or private property or the public highway. That I participate therein at my own risk and that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the property owner or anyone devolving an interest in the property there under, the promoting club, its officers, officials, helpers in the conduct of the event, Cycling Time Trials or any club affiliated thereto or any member of such club or any injury loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event howsoever such may be caused and whether by negligence or otherwise. I confirm that I will observe the particular rules and conditions of this event of which I have been informed.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE START SHEET AND/OR DISPLAYED AT THE SIGNING-ON POINT. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT CYCLING TIME TRIALS RECOMMENDS THAT I WEAR A HARD SHELL HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD.