Presentations & Prizes given on the F1 Winners Podium at approx. 9pm
Access to Silverstone parking, garage areas / sign on from 4.30pm(TBC)… whilst people managed to come through at 4pm for the 2016 event, you may be held outside the circuit if you come earlier than 4:30 pm.
Access to the track for warm up from 6pm
Track cleared for event by 6:40pm
Hand cycling event commences at approximately 6:45pm
Up to 80 Teams dispatched from pit lane from 7pm onwards
We are pleased to announce that all profits will once against be distributed to local and nationally recognised Charities. In recognition of the amazing work they do, and given past events have been able to raise sufficient funds for them to go so far as investing in new equipment and hand cycle rigs, BMCC are delighted that the 2017 Silverstone 9upTTT will continue to support our long standing charity partner Hand Cycling Association UK.
In addition to the fund raising, we are once again very pleased to welcome 2 teams for 2017 – we understand that there are 2017 times to be bettered and rivalries to conquer!
Last year we presented £5k to HCA‐UK, and with nearly £3k a piece going to Thames Valley Air Ambulance and to Children’s Brain Tumour Foundation.
How to enter
The Silverstone Committee are fine tuning the entry process, reviewing team numbers per club, checking on the budgets and hire costs for the Silverstone Circuit – details of entry fee per team, and the registration process will be shared shortly.
Take a lap around Silverstone with the BMCC B Team
Like what you see in the video – want to take part in this unique event?
Watch the mini-doc from 2015 BMCC Silverstone 9-up TT
BMCC Silverstone 9-up Team Time Trial : FAQ’s
- Road bikes ONLY, no Time Trial bikes – riders will be refused entry if riding a TT machine (or a road bike with clip-on tri bars) in order to comply with our insurance terms. This is NOT negotiable.
- Wheels must comply with UCI rules 1.3.018, with exceptions being in ‘Non-standard wheels in conformity’ listed on www.uci.ch
- HELMETS MUST BE WORN BY ALL RIDERS – NO HELMET, NO RIDE (and no pointy aero helmets).
- Timings are taken on the 5th member of your team so you need 5 riders to finish and get a time. Very important this bit. There is no point in dropping your 5th placed rider – not even in the sprint to the line.
- If a rider gets dropped by the team, the rider must LEAVE the track as directed by the Marshalls at the end of the Finishing straight.
- If your team is reduced to 4 riders or less, all riders must LEAVE the track as in Rule 5.
- Mixed teams MUST finish with 3 of one gender and 2 of the opposite gender. For example, after 3 men have finished the time will be taken on the 2nd woman to finish. So be careful who you drop! See Rules 5 and 6.
- Please ensure your team wears similar team jerseys to aid identification. If we can’t recognize you, you might not get a time.
- Once you have finished the event please leave the track as directed by the Marshalls on the Left of the Finishing straight. DO NOT remain on the circuit to warm down as you WILL be disqualified.
- Once you have parked up, find your garage. This is where you will assemble your team and bikes. Feel free to set up turbos and rollers.
- As soon as you can, go to Race Control in Garage 16 to sign in and obtain your race numbers and timing tags. The tags need to be put onto your bikes (normally on the seat post) so that they are VERTICAL. The race number should go on the back of your jersey. Every rider must have a tag and a number.
Warm up on turbos/rollers in your garage or use the Stowe Circuit opposite the car park entrance (be careful, the car park is always very busy).The F1 circuit is normally open for a “sighting lap” after 18:00. We will announce this over the P.A. system. Access to the F1 circuit is via Garage 1 and then down the pitlane (follow the Marshall’s direction, please).
- The F1 circuit is normally closed at 18:40 and you will be directed off the circuit and into the pitlane at this time. The Hand Cyclists start at 18:55 so it is VERY important that the track is clear. Gather your team in your garage.
- Your COMPLETE team needs to go to Garage 1 at the end of the pits 10 minutes before your allocated start time. Please do not turn up in 2’s or 3’s, or have eight turn up and say you are waiting for one person. The team that presents itself for scrutineering is the team that is competing.
- Your bikes and kit will be checked by our scrutineers. If everything is OK then you will be allowed out onto the pitlane to queue up in order of your starting position. If we have a problem, either the offending rider can withdraw and allow the rest to start, or the ENTIRE team must go back to their garage, fix the issue and return to Garage 1 for re-inspection.
- The race starts in the pitlane. Each team starts at 1 minute intervals and we have pushers for 2 teams. You will be allowed into the starting area with 2 minutes to go to your allocated start time. Riders will line up one behind the other in a long line. Please make sure that you know your starting order BEFORE you enter the start area – the order you enter the starting area is the order you will ride in !
- You will be held by the pushers with 30 seconds to go – and then released down the pitlane at your starting time. There will be a verbal countdown by the official starter.
- Follow the pitlane straight ahead – it goes under a bridge and then up a short rise onto the right hand side of the F1 circuit.
- Complete 3 laps of the circuit (11 miles), finishing on the Finish Line opposite the start line and pits – there is a timing gantry above the finish.
- Exit the track at the end of the finishing straight on the LEFT. There will be Marshalls who will direct you back to garage & warm down areas. Do NOT attempt to cycle back into the pitlane. Do NOT remain on the circuit to warm down – the race is still in progress even though you have finished.
- If you get dropped by your team then exit at end of your lap on the LEFT by the Marshalls (mandatory!)
- Mechanicals & Punctures – please get off the track! Each corner has a radio equipped Marshall and we have a Corley Cycles team car available to collect riders and bikes.
- Injuries – if you can, get off the track. The Marshalls will attend and Silverstone has a Medic Car and Ambulance available.